Love for the Long Haul
How do we really know we are Christian? A genuine and authentic faith begins with a historical and incarnate Christ. He really showed up and we must really show up to follow him in our lives if we want to claim the Truth lives in us, too. And yet, many, in today’s world, believe that to be their authentic and true self, they must embrace their sinful nature and follow their temptations. But John challenges that lie. We cannot follow Jesus without obeying his commandments.
TALK ABOUT IT - Questions to GROW through with family, friends, & myself.
1. What is the evidence my spouse loves me? Parents? Friends?
2. Why do actions need to align with our beliefs in our lives? What difference does living a consistent life make?
3. What are the 3 “proofs” of love for God from this passage? Which do I struggle with the most?
4. Why is having a vision for a life long relationship with God important to being able to “go the distance?”
5. PRAYER: “Father, being our heart to your heart and motivate our action from your love for us."