Stop With the Fake!
Nobody wants to live with deceivers. We expect people to be honest with us so we can rely on them, not get sucker punched by things they haven’t told us, and build our lives on solid ground. Nowhere does the Truth matter more than when building spiritual communities! Why? Our beliefs impacts how we live. Building a genuine and authentic community requires honesty about who Jesus and ourselves in order that we may fully share each others’ joy in fellowship.
TALK ABOUT IT - Questions to GROW through with family, friends, & myself.
1. What makes someone a genuine and authentic person?
2. Why does genuine & authenticity matter in a spiritual community?
3. How can I know who the genuine and authentic Jesus was/is?
4. Why is it important for followers of Jesus to genuinely pursue living like Jesus?
5. How does confession lead to a more authentic Christian community?
PRAYER: “Father, remove the fake in us and make our faith genuine and authentic!”