We may not be physically captive, but many of us are emotional, mentally, & spiritually captive and need freedom. Jesus taught that there is no freedom without TRUTH! But the truth can be terrifying. So what did Jesus teach about freedom, sin, pluralism, the devil, death, & himself? When we follow Jesus and His teachings the truth doesn’t have to be terrifying, but will lead to true freedom to become the people God has called us to be.
TALK ABOUT IT - Questions to GROW through with family, friends, & myself.
1. Do I believe “ignorance is bliss?" Where in my life has that idea held me captive?
2. How do most people respond to the idea of sin or that there is only one path to God?
3. How do most people respond to the idea of the devil or death?
4. Do I believe that Jesus claimed to BE God? What does the text indicate and what does it mean for me?
5. PRAYER: “Father, help me to be faithful to your teaching so i can experience your freedom!”